Position Title: Rough Carpenter
PAY RATE: $16.00 PER HOUR
LOCATION: Grand Junction | POSITION TYPE: Permanent Full Time
• Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
• Measure and mark cutting lines on materials, using a ruler, pencil, chalk, and marking gauge.
• Assemble and fasten materials to make frameworks or props, using hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
• Shape or cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
• Erect scaffolding or ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
• Install structures or fixtures, such as frames, floorings, trim, or hardware, using carpenters’ hand or power tools.
• Anchor and brace forms and other structures in place, using nails, bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers.
• Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
• Dig or direct digging of post holes and set poles to support structures.
• Construct forms or chutes for pouring concrete.
• Build or repair cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, carpenter’s hand tools, or power tools.
• Fill cracks or other defects in plaster or plasterboard and sand patch, using patching plaster, trowel, and sanding tool.
• Relocate materials and supplies as directed by the supervisor
• Following all safety guidelines and specifications
Basic Requirements & Qualifications:
• Requires general construction knowledge, light equipment, hand tools, and power tools.
• Must be physically able to climb ladders and must be ok with heights
• Must have good work ethic and willing to work hard.
• Candidate must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check
• Must have reliable transportation to/from work
$16.00 PER HOUR